Eufloria HD rating in US

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by sillytuna, Feb 13, 2012.

1. sillytuna

Indie Author

Hey fellas, I still read this forum but I haven't posted for who knows how long.

We just released Eufloria HD on iPad and it's going great guns in most places. We're not doing badly in the US (currently #20 and have been around #15 and higher) but got hit with a silly 1 star review nearly straight away which seemed to hurt us.

The top review is a 4 star slightly critical (and somewhat inaccurate) review but the rest are now fine - feel free to load iTunes, head to the iPad App Store and promote some other reviews to support a fellow indie if you're in the US!!! Go on, do it now!

However, we don't yet have an overall rating there despite 3 pages of actual reviews and presumably more ratings. Anyone know how many ratings are required?

(If you've bought the game, please give us a rating!)

2. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

You'll need to get used to the hate in user reviews. Ours are mainly five star with an average acroos our range of 4.7 (94%) but we still get the odd one along the lines of:

"The colours in the menu are shite. one star"
    "I played this game for weeks now (and only paid $0.99 in a sale, ed) but the last update changed the font which is horrible. one star"
    etc.

And yes, it's amazing how those ones tend to stick on the landing pages.

3. NicolasGB

NicolasGB New Member

Hi Alex,
    I promoted the 2 french reviews if it's of any help. I don't own an iPad so couldn't rate myself.

4. jcottier

jcottier New Member

The ones I hate the most are the 1 star with a great review. The reviewers have obviously made a mistake when rating (same with 3 stars: the user left it on the default 3 stars but give an amazing review).

JC

5. Applewood

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

hehe, yes those are most annoying too.

6. Grey Alien

Indie Author

By the way I just became totally addicted to the PC version. Great work!!