Eternal Eden, by Blossomsoft

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Elder, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Elder

Elder New Member

Don’t worry GolfHacker, as far as I’m concerned I respect the ideology of every distributor interested in Eternal Eden. I was conscious of this issue, and words like ‘damn’ will be censored in the ‘casual’ version.

I allowed myself some liberty with the ‘hardcore’ version (distributed via Blossomsoft). Noah’s friend (Downey) is a kid with a mischievous attitude, thus these words simply add a layer of credibility in the dialogues.

I was raised in the 1980s with movies such The Goonies, Explorers, Stand by Me, etcetera, and these movies weren’t particularly censored. 'damn' was recurent, but these movies weren’t morally wrong too. They taught me a lot.

What else can I say? I’m a very honest person and I aspire to inspire people to know the difference between good and evil with my stuff.

2. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

Wow.

People really don;'t consider a game to be suitable for kids if it has the word 'damn' in it?
    That's just freaky to me.
    These days every piece of music, TV, and Movie aimed at the teenage or younger market seems to be centred around selling sex appeal, and every magazine for teens seems to be based around their sex life, but if you say the word 'damn', that's crossing the line?

The world is screwed up :(

I don't care if the game lets you burn down churches, I'll happily sell it once you are on the BMT affiliate list :D.

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

That's because you're in UK, and him in USA. Here in Italy for example, such "usage restrictions" would make all kids laugh :D
    (not saying that it's good, just saying what would happen here)

4. Elder

Elder New Member

I'm currently looking for BMT Micro, 20% royalties seems a bit high.

#24 Elder, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. ChrisP

Indie Author

Remember that "where the bloody hell are you?" Australian tourism ad that was briefly shown in the UK? And you guys (well, some of you I guess) got all up in arms about the swearing?

It was hard for us to take those objections seriously. :rolleyes:

6. GolfHacker

GolfHacker Member

No argument there.

I personally don't believe a game needs any of that stuff (language, sex appeal, violence, etc etc etc) to be fun. And the way my sales are growing year after year, I don't believe I need to sell any such games in order to be successful. I know my target audience, I know what they want, and I'll gladly limit my catalog (especially if it boosts their trust in my business). I'm not going to get rich, but I'm confident I can eventually earn enough to make a living doing what I love - making games. I will be content with that.

Sorry, Elder - I didn't mean to hijack your thread. I'll be watching for your casual version, and I will definitely take a second look when it is available.

7. Karja

Original Member

Back on topic, I just have to mention that you've created a great game, Elder. The theme is interesting, the graphics are great, the puzzles are really neat... It's not all the way up there with Final Fantasy V (which I've wasted way too much time on), but I still had to buy the game almost immediately.

Damn you for stealing too many precious hours of my time! If my own game gets delayed it's all your fault. :D

8. Elder

Elder New Member

Haha thank you very much Karja!

9. luc

luc New Member

very nice rpg! :D

10. whisperstorm

Original Member

I find myself wishing I could play this on my Mac as well. Any thoughts on porting this to mac?

11. mpdeveloper_A

mpdeveloper_A New Member

Nice work. It really does look good.

12. Elder

Elder New Member

Sadly due to the nature of the game engine it won't be possible to get Eternal Eden on Mac. This is really sad indeed...

13. hippocoder

Indie Author

Try making your next title in flash :D

*ducks*

14. tolik

Original Member

I've finished dozens of jRPG games from FF, Chrono Trigger, Tales of * to Star Ocean and others... Each time I play another rendition on the PC, I'm so missing mouse controls. Why should I hold SHIFT all the time?

15. Pyabo

Original Member

HMMmmmmm... that gives me an idea. ;)

16. jeb_

Indie Author

I really like this game. I bought it and spent 8 hours on it already. The hidden items everywhere is a great idea, and the RPG system works really well (not automatically giving back health at save points makes it much more interesting to spend your health potions etc).

So far the only annoyance has been the puzzle with the moving rocks that chase you around. Those was really frustrating and not fun at all. You could've made it a little easier by marking the moving rocks in a different color, so you don't have to guess where to go next (since one mistake forces you to redo the whole puzzle).

17. Elder

Elder New Member

Hello Jeb!
    Thank you very much for the nice words! I agree, I will make the coin puzzle easier by decreasing the number of moving rocks.

I'm glad you liked the game overall! :)

Besides, Eternal Eden is currently under translation process: French, German and possibly Spanish.

18. whisperstorm

Original Member

You should really look at Haxe as a development platform. It's everything you ever wanted with Flash w/o ties to Adobe.

Also, I pulled some strings inside my company and got a BlossomSoft game page up at Raptr.com:

http://raptr.com/game/PC/Eternal_Eden

However we dont have good screenshots or art, can you post some artwork we could use for the image?

19. Leon

Original Member

20. luc

luc New Member

When will Eternal Eden be released on Big Fish Games? I would like to use my points and purchase Eternal Eden there.