Escape Velocity revival - 2D space RPG on Kickstarter

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Mag Steelglass, May 11, 2020.

1. Mag Steelglass

Mag Steelglass New Member

Hi, all. I'm a longtime fan of the Escape Velocity series, an indie-developed space RPG series. It was one of my top two games growing up, and I spent countless hours on it. Unfortunately now the publisher is out of business and it's increasingly difficult/impossible to get a hold of. However, the creator of the second game, EV Override, is now running a Kickstarter campaign to remake/remaster the game for modern platforms.

Aside from the base game, the remake of Override will be compatible with existing fan-made mods (which there are already decades of, including some fan scenarios that are full-blown games in and of themselves), and it's also designed to be easily and extensively moddable.

Given that this is an indie forum, I figured some folks may be interested. For those who'd like to check it out, contribute, and/or spread the word, here’s a link to the Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cosmicfrontier/cosmic-frontier-override/

Also, here's a trailer and some concept art for the game:

[​IMG]

#1 Mag Steelglass, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  2. Dorianer

Dorianer New Member

Thank you for sharing!

3. DukeofRealms

Administrator

Big fan of Escape Velocity series. I tried to buy out the rights to remaster the entire series in a modern engine last year. Great to see this project :)