Do you like this gameplay-style of 2D game?

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Janusz, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Janusz

Janusz New Member

GameTitle: Apparatus
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/app2d
    System Requirements: any system able to run java on PC
    Screenshots:
    walkAnimation.gif

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Films:

Game description:
    It will be an adventure game in a retro style with characteristic static backgrounds (like in Oddworld or Heart of Darkness), but with additional moments of moving camera. Main character (not exactly human) lives in far future. He will encounter signs of “ancient” civilization, that use mysterious language connected with math and logic. We’ll discover the secret of disappearing the “ancients”, coping with various puzzles, especially when we will meet electronic panels hidden in deep caves or tree trunks. The world of our main character is wild, vast, interesting to explore. Sometimes we will have to fight with unusual creatures or intelligent enemy…

Feedback Details: How do you like this style of 2d game. Do you like the graphics? What can I improve and what change?

2. Cybroid

Cybroid New Member

The graphics look pretty well done for a Platformer. However, something there could be some improvement on is the animations. They look a little stiff. The lighting seems on point, and the background looks very immersive in showing the entire world, giving more detail to the world of the level. The mathematical puzzle system is well done. I can't see any need for improvement on that. I hope this all helps.

Janusz likes this.
  3. PixelFormedStudios

PixelFormedStudios New Member

I love how you have made the graphics to be strange, which is really good to stand out in the game industry today.

Janusz likes this.
  4. Janusz

Janusz New Member

Thanks for your feedbacks. This will help me to develop good qualities of my game and correct mistakes.

5. Rize of the Summonds

To be quite honest, how long have you been developing this? I believe the environment isn't looking too appealing and I bet you its because of the textures you're using on the assets. The character looks good, but the environment itself can use some improvements. Don't worry, someone once told me the same thing for my art style in my game, and I guarantee you the on the second or third try, the game looks much better. So don't be afraid to redo things.

6. Janusz

Janusz New Member

To be honest, I've thougth about redo these backgrounds, becouse they were made 6 months ago for tests mostly with Blender Render. I plane to redo these with Cycles Render (and ofcourse with more details and better textures). So you just have confirmed my suspicions.

Rize of the Summonds likes this.