Developer/Designer looking for Artist/Designer partner

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by Russell, Dec 28, 2021.

1. Russell

Russell New Member

What I am looking for:

I am looking to partner with a Artist / Designer for a 2 person team. The exact project is that important, but I want to make something small and polished. There are 2 reasons for wanting a small project. 1) small projects get finished. 2) I want to find a partner to make lots of games with, we can discuss more complicated projects after finishing a small one.

I think a 2D game is most likely the best first project, but I'm open to 3D as long as the project isn't too complicated and you can handle the art.

I want to keep this to a 2 person team. You handing art, me handling programming. We can collaborate on the design (see more about design skills below).

About me:

I am a developer who has used Unity along time now. I made an iOS game about 10 years ago and have recently used Unity to develop drone racing simulator (flightfirstfpv.com). For my day job I do software development and run a hosting company.

I am a very capable programmer. I can handle just about any task on this front. 2D, 3D, hosting, analytics.

I am very good at certain aspects of game design, not so much at other. I am very good with mechanics, controls, making the game feel very smooth, and procedural generation. I am good at intuitively teaching the player (as opposed to making them read instructions or pop up tips). I love intuitive simple controls

I am NOT good at designing levels, characters, stories. However I willing to collaborate on ways to make these function well.

About you:

You are an artist and a game designer.

3D art skills are are optional as I am fine making 2D games. 2D art skills are required, even 3D games require 2D art. I really like vector art, but if you are more of a pixel/photoshop artists that is fine.

I want someone who is also passionate about game design. levels and characters will be your area, but I am great at making game elements that are fun and provide the right level of difficulty. I think finding ways to collaborate on game design will be more of the challenging and rewarding aspects of a partnership.

Platforms/money/etc:

I think developing a simple mobile/web game is best for the first project, but I'm not complete stuck on that. A pc based game would be acceptable too. I'm not really concerned about the financial reward of a first project, but would like project we could split work and money 50/50 (if we decide to monetize it at all). I would like to make possible future games with more of a commercial mindset if this works out.

2. Debujin

Debujin New Member

Hey, man! Professional artist and game developer looking for projects to join. You can check out my portfolio at http://oneturnkill.deviantart.com - if you like my art style and want to work with me, I can be reached at harding.matt@outlook.com. Looking forward to a potential collaboration! :)