Covid Anxiety

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by rayparse, Aug 19, 2021.

1. rayparse

rayparse New Member

Hey guys,

What's up? Been damn stressed about the COVID News. I don't understand why are there so many variants like Delta and Lambda. And why are they in Greek? Lockdowns and restrictions almost everywhere. The news are suffocating me and it gives me panic attacks. During night, I can't help but, to think if the end is near. How did you guys overcome this anxiety?

Thanks!

2. Paul Reeves

Paul Reeves New Member

Obviously it depends on your location on the planet and your own personal circumstances but for me I just stopped following the news so much. Once a week I dip in to see the current status and check local restrictions. Then it was just a case of filling my time with positive endeavours, reading, messing with code, learning or whatever motivates you.

Having said that I am not prone to anxiety so the above probably doesn't help. I could feel it starting to take it's toll before I reduced my news intake. I am UK based where currently the vaccination strategy seems to be working and restrictions are being lifted.

3. rayparse

rayparse New Member

Was it not extended for another few days?

Following the news throughout the pandemic, anxiety, depression, sleep disruptions, and thoughts of suicide have increased for many young adults. KFF analysis of the Household Pulse Survey finds that a large share of young adults (ages 18-24) have reported symptoms of anxiety and/or depressive disorder compared to older adults. I must admit I'm one of those mentally stressed. I hope I can be like you who can not be easily affected on what's going on..

4. Paul Reeves

Paul Reeves New Member

Sorry missed the reply. I didn't mean to say totally lifted but we can travel around fairly freely, locally we are still required to wear masks in shops etc as I am located in Wales. I am certainly not suggesting the UK got it right, far from it, at times it looked like a disaster! I also wouldn't say I am coming out of this unscathed from this just actively searching for coping mechanism has really helped me personally. Everyone is different so what works for one doesn't for others.

I really feel for the younger generation from anxiety/depression point view along with the feeling that this is stealing coming of age experiences from them :( I have teenage children so it is something I think about a great deal.

5. shelbydate

shelbydate New Member

You can be with your near friends and relatives. Go out and enjoy but make sure you still follow safety protocols. However, if you are experiencing an escalation of anxiety, talk to a professional who can help you through this difficult time.

6. LiamBeran

LiamBeran New Member

Yeah the thing is Covid brought sutch restrictions

7. rayparse

rayparse New Member

Speaking of teenager, do you consider children below 17 years old be vaccinated?

8. rayparse

rayparse New Member

Yes and its very depressing. How do you face COVID without fear?