Composition for video games

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by Angora26, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the trailer of Story of Seasons : Friends of Mineral Town :

I've always been a fan of the Harvest Moon license as a kid, so when I saw that a remake of Mineral Town released in 2003 was about to come out, I had to compose music for that release... :)

Now the Harvest Moon license is not at all what it used to be, but the old devs have taken over with the Story of Seasons license which is much more faithful to what the license used to be, I highly recommend it, it's an excellent farm management game, quiet and exotic. :D

2. havard

havard New Member

I love your stuff Lorien. Beautiful. I don't mean to impose (I am also not interested at this time) but was curious of your fees. How much would you charge for a full OST for a game? I'm wondering for future reference haha.

3. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

Thank you so much, Im glad you like my music ! I send you a Mp for private discussion ! :)

4. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the trailer of The Gardens Between :

The Gardens Between is a surreal adventure / puzzle game that follows Arina and Frendt, two faithful friends who find themselves in a mysterious world composed of beautiful garden islands.

Have you already tested the game? It's always restful and relaxing this type of game in general, but it's important that the difficulty is well dosed, too easy and it can quickly become boring. :)

Good listening! :D

5. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the trailer of Project Athia to be released on PS5 :

The game looks very ambitious, and with the new capabilities of the PS5 and a new studio created by Square Enix, it promises a lot of good elements, there's more than enough to hope that the project will see the light of day and not be cancelled along the way ! :D

6. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the trailer of Among Trees :

Among Trees is a dynamic little sandbox survival game set in a colorful and vibrant wild world. Explore a colorful world that breathes life. From dense forests to dark caves.

The game appeals to me a lot, it looks soothing, it seems really nice to walk around and explore this pretty forest, a little nugget to discover on paper, see what the gameplay looks like though!

7. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the game Cris Tales :

Cris Tales is a gorgeous, indie love letter to classic JRPGs with a new perspective. Peer into the past, act in the present, and watch as your choices dynamically change the future -- all on one screen as you play!

The game comes out at the end of the year and for an independent game it looks really promising. However, I'm a bit afraid it's a bit messy in terms of the display, since on one screen they're going to handle the past, present and future, and they have a very original DA... But it has the merit of proposing something else at least, seeing what it gives in the game !

8. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the trailer of the game Sea of Thieves :

Sea of Thieves invites you to live like a pirate. Navigation, battles, exploration and plundering will be on the menu of the day to forge your name in piracy. As your role is not defined in advance, you are free to evolve and interact with other players according to your desires.

I've enjoyed this week with the fresh sea air and some pirate stories.

The game has come a long way since the release in 2018, there are always massive additions, it's a shame it was only released on PC and Xbox, it would gain in popularity if we could get it for PS4 and Switch!

9. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the trailer of the game Greak : Memory of the Azur

Take on the role of three brothers and sisters and use their unique skills to escape the Urlag invasion of the Azure lands.
    Greak is a side-scrolling single-player adventure in which the player alternates control of the three characters, guiding each of them independently in an interconnected world.

The game looks great, you can strongly feel the Hollow Knight's imprint on the game,
    The graphics are handmade... The gameplay looks interesting and dynamic, I'm really looking forward to try it, I hope it will be as good as Hollow Knight ! :)

10. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the Dark Souls Trilogy trailer :

Here's the video game license that is known to be the one that pushes all the players in their final entrenchment due to the slightly higher difficulty than the other current video game productions... :D

It allowed me to compose a music a bit more nervous than usual, I've been composing in a more delicate style lately, with this piece I wanted to vary a bit what I was proposing.

I take this opportunity to tell you that I also launched my Patreon page today : https://www.patreon.com/Lorien26
    I followed the recommendations of some people who like my songs and suggested me to create a page, in exchange of a small amount of money you can have access among others to the WAV files of my songs if you want to listen to my music and support me in my activity and my dream to become a video game composer ! :)

Good listening !

#50 Angora26, Jul 26, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  11. Angora26

Angora26 New Member

My new composition for the Everwild game trailer:

The new license from the creators of Sea of Thieves looks great, it's a shame it's an Xbox-only exclusive, but it really makes you want to explore this universe.

The art direction is very nice, and the animals in the trailer make me dream ! We don't know anything about the gameplay for the moment, but in any case, with a universe of this beauty and magnitude, there's plenty of material to create a great game ! :)