Composer - Vel9 Studios

Discussion in 'Music & Sound Portfolios' started by levani, Oct 29, 2008.

1. levani

levani New Member

Game Music - Vel9 Studios

Artist: Levan Iordanishvili
    [​IMG]
    Visit Online Portfolio
    ---------------------

Dear Developers at Indie Gamer,

I am an experienced composer specializing in high-quality music for video games. Vel9 Studios was founded in May of 2007 with the purpose of providing a reasonable, reliable and accessible service for developers looking for professional original music. Here are some of the projects I've provided original music for:

Fight the Dragon - 3 Sprockets
    Adventure Town - Supersolid
    ORC: Vengeance - Big Cave Games/Chillingo - Nominated for Best Handheld Audio - Game Audio Network Guild Awards 2013
    7 Grand Steps - Mousechief (IndieCade 2013)
    Nutty Fluffies - Ubisoft/RedLynx (main theme/results/trailers)

iCarly Groovy Foodie (Nintendo DS) - Wayforward/Nickelodeon
    Draw Race 2 - RedLynx/Chillingo-EA
    Rogue Sky - Pebble Bug Studios/Chillingo
    Hairy Tales - Forest Moon Games/Arges Systems
    Cubemen 1 & 2 - 3 Sprockets

Fussballfan.de Series Theme - EA Sports/Fabrikfilm
    Hulk Hogan's Main Event (Xbox Kinect) - Majesco/Panic Button
    Settlers VII Debut Trailer - Ubisoft/Fabrikfilm
    Little Things Forever - KlickTock
    SNS3: Shopping Paradise - Viqua Games/Big Fish Games

Contact Info:
    Email: levan at vel9studios.com

Assets:
    1. Previous experience of over 150 projects.
    2. B.M. in Music Composition and Theory from New York University - magna cum laude
    - Award for 'Outstanding Achievement in Composition'
    3. Licensed over 1700 pieces to various media projects through various publishers.
    4. Fast turn-around
    5. Well connected with live performers
    6. Understanding of budgetary restrictions
    - Various types of licenses are available, designed specifically for the indie developer.

#1 levani, Oct 29, 2008
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  2. levani

levani New Member

Just updated the portfolio with new material,

Regards,

#2 levani, Nov 4, 2008
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  3. Fastestmanintheworld

For what it's worth, Levan is smart, professional, and a pretty good guy, too :) Definitely check out his work - he's the real deal.

Duncan

4. Scarzzurs

Scarzzurs New Member

Over the last few weeks Levani has been working on music for my project Beyond Negotiation. He's been very interested in the game and the music all the same and did a great job on the music.
    He was easy to talk to about possible changes, which is something i think is very important when you have someone else contributing to your project.

My project with music isn't accesseble to the public yet, so go check his website instead. He has some good showreels and samples.

- Scarzzurs

5. whisperstorm

Original Member

The reels sound great! Very professional. I wish I had a game far enough along to need music like this.

6. levani

levani New Member

@Fastestmanintheworld
    Thanks Duncan, I appreciate the comment

@Scarrzurs
    It's been great working with you, thanks for the post

@whisperstorm
    Thanks for taking the time to listen, and leaving the comment. Best of luck with progressing with your projects (I noticed you have quite a few going on),

7. levani

levani New Member

Hey guys, I'm linking you to a vid that was played at the beginning of a small performance I had last week. The performance featured nine movements of a piano+accordion duet I completed in October. The piece in the video is a non-live version of the fourth movement called Little Meeloo's Hope.

(watch in high quality)
    Youtube Video Link

Meeloo is the character that served as the work's common thread. He's a short, cartoony personality on a long journey. He's always lost in thought as he runs his small fingers through his red scarf. Hope you enjoy the music and video!

Also, updated the site and reels with new material, shoot me an email if you've got any questions,

8. levani

levani New Member

Best of luck to all upcoming game projects in '09, and I hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable end-of-the-year vacation.

Update 1/4/09:
    Added new music/projects to the portfolio, and redesigned the music page to allow for more in-depth browsing of full-length tracks.

#8 levani, Jan 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2009
  9. levani

levani New Member

Update 2/04/09:

I recently went through a large studio upgrade in January, and have been busy working on a couple of iPhone projects that are currently in the works. You can hear the new music on my flash playlist.

Launch Music Player

Hope you enjoy the new music and thank you for your time,

#9 levani, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  10. Mike D Smith

Original Member

Hey all,

Just thought I'd drop a note in on Levan.

I'm working with Levan on my next project after Caster. Just thought I'd drop a note and say I could not ask for a better music guy to collaborate with!

If Levan can handle the music style you're looking for (and he's pretty diverse just check out his demo reel), then there's no question. Work with him. He continues to over deliver on everything I request. He works fast and quickly adjusts things based on feedback.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about working with him.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

11. levani

levani New Member

Thanks for the comment Mike, I appreciate it!

12. levani

levani New Member

Update 3/31/09:

Hey guys,

I've put up some new updates on the portfolio. Added new tracks to the playlist and a new iPhone project to the credits page. I hope you enjoy listening to the material,

Thank you,

13. BlueFooted

BlueFooted New Member

Levan just finished the music for our current Casual PC title and I have to say it has been a true pleasure working with him. He is extremely professional and amazingly fast. The music he has created greatly increases the overall quality of the game and I look forward to working with him again in the future.

14. Mike D Smith

Original Member

What game is that? I'd love to hear the music. He does do great stuff and some of his samples are on my play list at work.

15. BlueFooted

BlueFooted New Member

It's currently unannounced / unreleased, but I can post an update once it is (which will be a little while yet).

16. levani

levani New Member

I'm definitely looking forward to that. Thanks for the comments!

Levan

17. levani

levani New Member

Hi everyone,

Here are some nice updates from the last couple of weeks, I've had to create music in genres I hadn't done before and so ended up doing a bit of research, which was a lot fun. The Rune Memory game featured 'celtic music' and On the Oche required some 'bar piano sound' which sent me straight to some rag-time scores for research.

Rune Memory (links straight to the appstore) was released about a month ago for the iPhone, and the music has been well-received by the players -- which makes me extremely happy. You can check the game in the app store.

On the Oche has been submitted to the store and should be available soon as well! The gameplay video is posted on their website for reference.

I also added the 'Mystery' genre to my palette. Unfortunately I hadn't done much work in that area, so now that I've spent time looking into it, I've put up some mystery demos on on my music page.

I hope you enjoy the new material and feel free to contact me with any questions.

#17 levani, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  18. Farkle

Farkle New Member

Hi, everyone!

I'll put another plug in for Levani. I've worked with him in NY. He's the real deal. FastestManInTheWorld is totally right. Levani has a great attitude, great professionalism, and is gaining credits like nobody's business! :)

He's definitely a great composer to bring on a project!

19. levani

levani New Member

Thanks for the comment Mike!

Some news from last month:

SolarBasic by Ko'Mano has been submitted to some portals and hopefully it'll be out for everyone to play within the next couple of weeks. I'm currently at work on two iPhone games that should both hit the appstore in about a month.

I've also had a new logo designed for 'Vel9 Studios' and I've upgraded my studio further by adding top-of-the-line percussion and piano libraries.

here's a fun piece for preview:
    The Pirate Theme MP3

#19 levani, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  20. levani

levani New Member

Hey guys,

I have to say that the last few weeks have been really special--busy, but a lot of fun. A game with my music is being published on big fish games within the next week or two--I'm quite excited for it. I'll post the link to the demo as soon as it's up. I also got a chance to work on Mythoria by Random Star Games and an iPhone game--Comets and Craters by Living Artz--both are currently wrapping up development and should be out within the next month. I'll post the links to the demos here.

I've also put up a lot of new music from some of the recent projects to the online portfolio.

#20 levani, Sep 14, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2009