Coders needed for first game!

Discussion in 'Help Wanted (UNPAID AND PROFIT SHARING)' started by shinjingames, Dec 2, 2013.

1. shinjingames

shinjingames New Member

Hi, I'm Luke from Shinjin studios!. We are developing a game but we need your help. You play as a soldier in Russia in 1992. Your flying to a military base when your helicopter crashes in Siberia. You have to gather your bearings and get to the nearest town with out meeting a unfortunate end. The main problems you face are the cold and the dark forces that lurk in the woods. Creative changes in the work are loved. Help us make the game that you want!

Skills needed.

-3D Movement
    -3D pixel art
    -Simple FPS skills
    -Maybe multiplayer
    -a taste for horror
    -creative mind
    -Being an all around ballsy smith

P.S Salary will be from profit sharing.
    Reply to apply (that rhymes)

Godspeed
    luke

2. ryan meli

ryan meli New Member

hi my name is ryan and im a game designer i can write java or c# i can do all the things you need i think i would be a good member to your team please contact me back at ryanmeli@outlook.com

kind regards

Ryan Meli

3. drvLock

drvLock New Member

Hello,

I'm an electronic music producer, and all my productions are horror (or dark) themed. Here are the links to my work (so far):

soundcloud.com/drvlock - this one is based on drum and bass, industrial and dubstep

soundcloud.com/tronesdelobscurite - this one is my ambient/dark ambient profile

Although having no experience inside the gaming industry, I'd love to help with horror themed games.

4. GamingMonster

GamingMonster New Member

Hello Luke,
    I'm not interested in actually working on said game as I have my own project to work on, however I would like to help, so I will explain a few things about game production for you. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to sound mean, so if it sounds mean, in not trying to be so.

1. ) maybe do some research before starting a project (by some I mean allot) if you do this, it will most definitely help you. I know from experience.

2. ) as far as multiplayer goes, that depends on the engine you use. (If you did research you would know this) a game engine his how the specified code is read and certain engines have specific capabilities. For example some support multiplayer, and some cannot run any form of multiplayer. Same goes with dynamic maps, map graphics, 2D v. 3D, etc. With multiplayer, silkscreen is possible IF you get the right engine, however for online multiplayer, you HAVE TO own a server, or rent part of a server. Otherwise your players would have nothing to connect to, therefore no multiplayer. Most servers cost at minimum thousands of dollars, depending on the size.

3. ) you really can't put studios at the end of your "company name," without owning a legitimate studio... so yeah!

4. ) before doing any work you need to figure out:
    What engine you plan to use. You can choose your own which takes anywhere from 3-9 years depending on complexity. You can also get one licensed to you for loads of money the best engine also only license to big budget, famous companies.

Figure out your copyright. I took the time to learn how copyright works. You will want to do so as well so no one can steal your content and get away with it.

I really hope this information helps. If course there is much more to know, these are just the basic necessities. If anyone wants to work on me with my other out wants to know more, about new an email at gamingmonsterbusiness@gmail.com

5. ryan meli

ryan meli New Member

hi drvLock my name is ryan my team is also working on a game that i think your sort of music will go nicely with if please contact me for more information at ryanmeli@outlook.com or skype me at live:ryanmeli_2.

kind regards

Ryan Meli
    ryanmeli@outlook.com

we hope to hear from you soon
    Open dev studio

#5 ryan meli, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  6. drvLock

drvLock New Member

Hello, Ryan! Just sent you an e-mail.

Thanks a lot!