Character Concept Artist looking to work with passionate game devs

Discussion in 'Art Portfolios' started by jonathon chavez, May 12, 2018.

1. jonathon chavez

jonathon chavez New Member

Portfolio: https://www.lautrecdesign.com/
    Hello,

Im a self taught artist who just finished with his portfolio. I dont mind feedback but I feel I should start applying and earning experience in the entertainment industry.

Telling a bit about myself I would like to start by saying im an artist who enjoys drawing and designing characters. I only have experience with 2D (Photoshop, Corel Painter) and only dabbed in one 3D program (Zbrush) for a couple of weeks to learn the basics. Im open to learn to new software and im confident in my abilities to deliver designs that are exceptional to the client.

I am flexible in any genre but my strengths would be in Lovecraftian, Cyberpunk, Fantasy, Military History, and any dark themes.

I would prefer a paid position but if funding isn't available then I would work for a game that sounds interesting.

If you have any questions feel free to post them here.

Cheers,
    Jonny

Attached Files:

#1 jonathon chavez, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Arthur Astakhov likes this.
  2. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

what kind of military history?

3. jonathon chavez

Hello, in regards to military history it revolves around battle tactics, unit functionality (calvary, infantry, missile infantry etc.), weapons. armour, geography, important figures/battles, and factions.

4. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

what kind of games interest you ? i am build a heroes and migth and magic kind of game with a roman theme no money in the project as it is now tho

5. jonathon chavez

Im not familiar with the might and magic type games. I enjoyed playing the dark souls series, Mount and Blade: Warband, Total War games, and Warframe. Other games that are Indie includes some fantastic indirect story like Journey, Furi , or Hyper Light Drifter. Would like to partake in something similar to the games above. New, Unique, and Marketable.

6. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

i could be interested but depends of the scale of the project and maybe the team size because i am not sure i could make all the code if the game is to big :) just don't got the time if it to big :)

7. jonathon chavez

I agree its a big investment, so starting small is the best route. Something short but has an impact. Do you want to email me for more specifics and talk about the project?

8. Northmyth

Northmyth New Member

sure why not :)