Central Ohio indies?

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by dmikesell, Feb 10, 2006.

1. dmikesell

Original Member

Anyone else in the area? I'm in Westerville. Might be fun to get together somewhere for pizza and share ideas.

2. Eric Lengyel

Original Member Greenlit

I grew up in Reynoldsburg, but I live in California now. I really miss Donato's pizza.

3. Leper

Original Member

I'm in Cincinnati Ohio!! Thats southwestern ohio, but I only live a couple hours away from Columbus (share the same interestate! I-71!)

4. Deis

Original Member

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but I just thought I would mention that my team is located in Upper Arlington, OH now. Love it here, cost of living is extremely low and its a beautiful place.

We all work real day jobs though and spend our free time hammering away at our projects with aspirations of quitting our day jobs and founding a real indie dev company here in Columbus.

And yes, Donatos pizza is awesome. I live a block away from one and a Chipotle at the end of my street.

5. Maupin

Original Member

I'm living in Japan now, but hope someday to return to Ohio, which is where I grew up. I agree, Upper Arlington is very nice.

6. dmikesell

Original Member

Nice to see you here, Matt. The music you did for Frantic is a big hit with everyone that's played it.

http://medievalelks.com

7. dmikesell

Original Member

Alas, tomorrow a sign goes in our yard. As soon as we sell, we're packing up and moving to Chicago.

Of course, with the real estate market being what it is, that could be a while :p

8. Mike Boeh

Administrator Original Member

My parents live in Cincy (near Milford), so the wife and I bring the kids down there sometimes :)

9. Leper

Original Member

Cool! I used to live near milford, but now I live closer to the city (cheaper rent) - I was living over in Ivy Hills Place in Newtown and basically my rent was 800 a month... Couldn't afford to pay off my credit card debt there, so now that I'm living in a cheap 1 bedroom apartment in Norwood I can finally pay off my debt and close some accounts!

@dm: I'm really glad peeps liked the music! :)

10. GBGames

Indie Author

Well, there is always the Chicago Indie Game Developer Club.

And I periodically visit Columbus as it is where my girlfriend's family is. Granddad's Pizza is very good.