CD ordering systems

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by TMAN, Aug 27, 2004.

1. TMAN

Original Member

I'm curious about the various ways to be able to provide a CD to customers. What do you guys use and what's the success and pros/cons. Do you print them up? Do you use services like cafepress?

Thanks!

2. tentons

Indie Author

3. Reanimated

Original Member

If plimus make a CD for you, they say that its at no cost to you. Does this mean that you get all the profit, and if so, wouldnt it be good just to have a CD option since its not costing you anything?

4. Sirrus

Original Member

Places like Plimus and Digital Candle usually charge an additional $9.95 to the customer to receive a CD...

So if your game is $20, and the customer wants it on a cd, they charge them $29.95 - this is to cover their cost of CD creation, shipping, etc. (plus profit obviously)

What that means is you still only deal with the $20 and leave the $9.95 untouched to you. Meaning no profit or loss when it comes to the customer ordering a CD - its only their to offer a new convenience for the customer to receive the game in whatever format they want.

Alex

5. Sunshine

Original Member

I got some instrument packs and samples from a company and it was to big to download on my 28.8 SBC (southwestern bull-crap) connection.

A company called X-Burn.com pressed the cd and delivered it, and it was good stuff. I think those packs were 19.99 per. But I was very pleased with the results.

6. TMAN

Original Member

Is it necessary to have a CD option if the download is less than 5MB?

7. Nemesis

Original Member

You'll find customers that are willing to dish out an extra $10 to get their game in more concrete form on CD. Even if there's no extra profit (or loss) from the CD version, with Plimus say, you're still reaching a wider audience, hence more sales.

8. TMAN

Original Member

Are there any other options beyond the ones just listed? Has anyone tried cafepress?