"Bughouse", Game Concept

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by PLoagan, Feb 6, 2016.

1. PLoagan

PLoagan New Member

Another one of my game ideas I would like to see get made is this, Bughouse.

Player plays as a bacteria that has infected a person. This bacteria has mutated and is unable to survive without the host, consequently, the player has to manage the infection as to keep the host alive but still infected until the bacteria can form a symbiotic relationship with another bacteria, to little avail, though. The infection takes place over a week, in which the player discovers many aspects of the host’s life, such as their social life, personal life, family trouble and working at a space exploration organization. Mechanics of the game include: choosing what other foreign bacteria to cooperate with or eliminate, choosing how to affect the host’s life (eg. making him sick, ultimately delaying space exploration work) and directing further mutations of the bacteria in each generation. One of the symptoms of this bacteria is eventual insanity, as it inadvertently affects the brain. There are multiple endings that are dependant on the player’s choices. Through the examination of the host’s life, we learn that it is better to become a beneficial bacteria, rather than a threatening one. The gameplay of Bughouse is comprised of following and observing the host’s life during the day, then deciding the infections effects and characteristics each night.

Subtext:
    The theme of this game is our place in the world. Humanity is the bacteria that realizes that we should improve our effect on a body before jumping to the next one. The goal of finding a symbiotic relationship reflects humanity’s goal of peace and harmony.

I'm not too sure where to take it from here. If there is anyone interested in actualizing this or further developing the design with me, that would be incredible.