Block Rider - Explosive Android APP

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Max, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Max

Max New Member

Title: Block Rider
    Screenshots/Video:

Game URL: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redrider.blockrider
    System Requirements: Minimal requirements - just need Android based phone
    Feedback Details: What would you as a player like added? or what does not work? what needs changing?
    Known Issues: I think the volume controls kick in weirdly sometimes when you keep sfx low. But otherwise not too many I can see

First game I published for Android, the $25 to sign up to be a developer was fine with me but ios needs 100 and I don't have an iphone to test so for now I'm leaving that as is. Though hoping to scrounge some money to cross over at a later date.

So basically drag or touch where you want the rider to go and he'll go there -avoid the dark blocks and pick up the pickups. If you can beat the top score I will send cookies

2. Gavinx92

Gavinx92 New Member

Hi Max. I really like your game. I think the music is well matched to the rhythm of play. I also like how the music changes as the game progresses. Here are a couple of problems I had with it. When I first installed the game the sound didn't work, but fixed itself when I went into the options menu. I think this is part of your known issue. I also found your how to play section a little confusing. I like your description of point blocks, but a lot of the other descriptions rely on the block name and then give you advice instead of telling you what they do. Finally, there were several times where I got a room cleaner block but died anyway because of the timing of the blocks jumping. It only happened later on when the blocks were going faster. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but either way I found it rather frustrating. Over all I think your game does a good job of being a really fun bite sized play experience, which is exactly what you want when publishing on a mobile platform. Thanks for sharing, I hope this feedback was helpful.

#2 Gavinx92, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. Max

Max New Member

Hey man -hanks for the in depth review - really useful stuff! It's go to know what works and dosn't work. I'll write down your changes and get to fixing and adding features. As for the room clearer block - it was intended to be as is, but if its annoying to the point of frustration I may alter how that is implemented. Thanks alot though! This is really useful!

4. Max

Max New Member

Made the changes you suggested and I think it fixes some issues and reduces frustration levels also. The name you input at the beginning stays now unless changed through each playthrough. Little things - yes but the changes help polish the game.

5. depad

depad New Member

Pretty addicting game! One thing to improve on would be unlocking different block colors or backgrounds, but other than that great job!

6. Max

Max New Member

Hey depad - thanks for the input. I don't think it would be that hard to implement some graphical changes to the options you suggested. Maybe make some block variants akin to pizel art, or industrial looking. As well change up the background to something more action packed? I'll se if I can try after completion of my next game