Behind the Horizon - Gameplay Video

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jadawin, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Jadawin

Jadawin New Member

Hello, Communnity,

there is a new gameplay video from Behind the Horizon. This time it's about the fighting system in the caves.
    The huge areas of the caves and catacombs are, like the whole map of the game, are 100% hand designed and each cave is unique. There are small puzzles, traps and many little stories from the ancient times. Everywhere there is something to discover.

Have fun with the video!

You can find the latest version of the demo (Chapter 1) on my itch io page:

https://jadawin1.itch.io/behind-the-horizon

2. Jadawin

Jadawin New Member

The village Woodhome

Take a little walk through Woodhome! In Woodhome live many inhabitants. They walk around, go to work, visit each other and live in harmony with nature. You´ll find many shops and craftsmen there too. You can talk to everyone and the people will tell you about their needs and problems or help you in your tasks.

3. Jadawin

Jadawin New Member

Hello, community,
    Today I have another gameplay video for you. This time I walk through some of the different types of landscapes from the high snowy north to the deserts in the south.
    In the second part unfortunately the recording software messed up the frame rate and the video stutters. But in the game everything runs smoothly :) !

Have fun with the video!

4. Jadawin

Jadawin New Member

[​IMG]

Hello, community,

today I´ll tell you about magic in Behind the Horizon. Magic and its use is closely linked to the epic story of my game, and is used not only for killing monsters in the huge hand made caves, but for many other manipulations of the world. For example, later in the game you can turn land fields into water fields or speed up the growth of plants enormously.

Graphically I have a unique animation for each spell, which shows the character of the spell visually. There are 40 different spells and animations in total.

As a magician you learn new magic formulas one by one, which are mixed from substances found in the world or produced by yourself. The finished spells can be used with enough magic power. However, every spell has a minimal consciousness value. If this value is higher than the player's, the spell can be cast, but can lead to unpredictable consequences. For example, a healing spell can deal damage, or a weather spell can cause a natural disaster. The probability of this happening is directly related to the lack of consciousness.

There are also magic crystals that directly affect the surrounding fields and change the temperature, light or even water and nutrients of the soil. This gives many exciting new possibilities to create your own farm.

Indirectly, magic also finds its way into many items of equipment, where it improves basic values such as creativity or attack. Such magically enhanced equipment can be found in large numbers, bought or even build by yourself.

5. Jadawin

Jadawin New Member

Hello, community,
    Today I have another gameplay video for you. This time I visit my farm, which I built in 6 years ingame time. Since everyone is completely free to design their own farm and there is a large area available for it, every farm will look different. Additionally there is the always the constantly changing nature to which you have to adapt.
    Later even water can be magically transformed into land and land into water.

Have fun with the video!

6. Jadawin

Jadawin New Member

The release of Behind the Horizon is coming closer and closer (September 2020) and today I would like to take you with me for a day in my game.
    We' ll take care of the farm's plants and animals, walk through the living wilderness of the world, visit one of the many dark caves and in the evening we' ll visit Woodhome.

The world of Behind the Horizon is 100% handmade, without repetitions and without artificial game extensions. It is alive through the simulation of nature and changes dramatically throughout the epic story.

The story is driven by cutscenes, dialogues with the inhabitants of the world and also by books and writings, while the farm and role-playing part of the game blend in harmoniously and provide a lot of variety.

Video:

You can find the latest version of the demo (Chapter 1) on my itch io page. There you´ll find also much more Informationen and Development News.