Ash of Gods: visual novel and tactical RPG

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Necrozaurus, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

[​IMG]

Here is a concept art for a set of characters to be used to create a "secret" intro video for our game, Ash of Gods. These creatures are ancient to the world and take a fundamental part in its story, and it will up to the play to figure out what part exactly do they play in it. They are supposed to be the villains though not so black-and-white which some more complicated motivations than to spread evil.
    All these we have tried to show in their appearance. What do you think of the result?

2. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Ok folks, we have some more visual stuff coming for you this week. Please meet captain Krieger!
    [​IMG]
    A native of Albus, he knows everyone in this city and everyone knows him. A hereditary military man, he has endured all the joys and sorrows of service in a garrison. The joys and sorrows of marriage too. That’s why he’s not very patient when he’s away from his home – and doesn’t mince his words either, including the words he uses to describe his mother-in-law. The younger soldiers under his care respect Krieger for his skills as a warrior and his ability to transfer these skills to others.

3. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

The new character for our game is ready. There have been a lack of female heroes in our most recent posts, so the time has come to share with you the beautiful Philia, a mysterious herbalist and talented witch doctor. Hope you like it! Artwork by Vladislav Samoylikov

[​IMG]

4. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

A new miniature which is necessary for rotoscoping of this tough highlander.

[​IMG]

5. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

We continue to draw characters for our game and I present to you the next one. This is Ark, a young infantryman.

"He looks more like a student than a warrior. His father wanted him to be a scholar, so he forced his son to read as much as possible. Ark himself wanted to be a warrior, that’s why he escaped from the capital. Now he’s running in full gear across the training ground, highly disillusioned. Due to his relentless wish to showcase his knowledge he’s earned himself the nickname of Smartass among his fellow infantrymen. He thinks the guys are just jealous of him – because his knowledge is the thing which helps him pick up local girls."

[​IMG]

6. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

That's how marauder looks like on the battlefield. Looking forward his animations. Do you think he's looking good?

[​IMG]

7. ReFar

ReFar New Member

Hi!

I should say this is really great! Your artists and animators did their job very well! I am saying this because I am artist and animator myself and I can completely understand you, how much time and effort you did on this! The volume of the work and so on. It can make me crazy!

In my opinion your job is very great! It is cool but I wish you add some shadows to the models. I think that is the reason your characters seem a little soulless. I know how much work you should do about this and it is a nightmare but as this a really great game so you need that.

The battle animation is really great but I wish you fix the motion blur of the spear. It can be better I think. It looks very continuous.

At the end your job is really great and I love everything on this!

Thank you
    Good Luck

Necrozaurus likes this.
  8. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Thank you for your interest and your support, to the points you raise:

- we would really like to add shadows, but we simply don't have time to do it for all the characters. Once all the portraits are ready we will try to do it with some filters or shaders.
    - the GIF with animation doesn't have enough frames, but we will look into it on the actual animation.

Meanwhile, arbalest is ready waiting for his turn. He's very patient because he lacks animations at the moment.

[​IMG]

Do you like him?

ReFar likes this.
  9. 4MobileGamer.com

4MobileGamer.com New Member

Graph are not bad,

The best is by far : Gleda which offer a great look and quality of drawing

Necrozaurus likes this.
  10. ReFar

ReFar New Member

Yes! he is very very nice!

11. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Yep, she's our favorite. Unfortunatelly, we simply do not have time to finish all the portraits with this level of details. But we will try to get back to all of them and try to add shadows later on, once all the portraits are ready.

Thank you!

As you may know we are trying hard to make animations for our characters as real as it possible. That's why we are using rotoscoping technique recording every little move in studio.

This is Atraah the Reaper walking animations. Do you think it looks reliably?

[​IMG]

12. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

This is Hederlig, our another character.

[​IMG]

Hederlig is a prince of Isana but unlike a lot of spoiled royal people, he is not arrogant, doesn't like excess and empty bragging. Known for his nobility, kindness and wisdom. Got respect from many ordinary people.

A fine warrior, tall and perfectly built, ruthless to the enemy on the battlefield.

What do you think?

13. DarkSpace Games

DarkSpace Games New Member

The fluidity of the animations alone will put this one in the spot light.

Necrozaurus likes this.
  14. Red Apple Technologies

Hi,

Thank you for this post.First of all I would like to congratulate you as I think this is going to be a great game.The character images which you have posted,looks really interesting & I am waiting to see more from this game.Just one question,I think this is a Unity 3D game.Am I right?

What do you think of HTML5 game development? Please share me some thoughts if possible.Can I build similar game in HTML5?

15. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Thank you, the quality of the animations is indeed one of the things we consider being the most important for our game.

Thank you. Our team is using Unity indeed as we're planning to release the game on Steam and other platforms, so we need a standalone application. As for the HTML5 - there are lots of great games developed with it, but I'm not 100% sure what are its capabilities/limitations. I think you should ask someone using it to develop his game.

Another miniature we would like to share. That's a berserk.

[​IMG]

You will see him swinging hatchets when he get his animations.

16. Robharvey

Robharvey New Member

This is all looking amazing. Keep up the great work and I'm loving the banner saga vibe coming off of it.

Also, love that Ark looks a little bit like Kylo Ren.

17. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Thank you, we will not disappoint you. And yes he does a little, didn't notice that before.

Meanwhile we're working on enses' animations. Looks like this guy is cursing or healing someone but nobody knows for sure.

[​IMG]

It is just a rough draft so the truth will be revealed when it's done.

18. Osmosis D. Jones

Osmosis D. Jones New Member

Amazing look :)

Necrozaurus likes this.
  19. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Thank you, btw, good job keeping those bacterias away.

Making new animations in studio with rotoscoping. Animals' animations looks really difficult so far but we trying to do our best.

[​IMG]

Trying to handle lizard's animations at the moment. Do you like it?

20. Necrozaurus

Necrozaurus New Member

Another wonderful work of Adam Skorupa, The Witcher's composer — the gloomy enses' theme, mysterious aliens from the unknown universe who will try to stop everyone who will be in their way.