Announcing Developers Gate - Where we help you distribute your indie game!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dequan Wilson, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Dequan Wilson

Dequan Wilson
    Expand Collapse

Hello everyone! My name is Dequan, also known as Colenator. I'm a co-founder of Avicekeys, our indie-exclusive digital distribution platform.

I've felt that a lot of major distributors, while traditional, don't really help with indie games. Indie games may appear on the front page for a certain period of time, but then shortly after they're replaced by a AAA game.

My goal is to make an indie-exclusive platform to show off the best games the indie gaming community has to offer.

When we launched, we failed to realize we didn't really have a detailed-page to show game developers how coming to Avicekeys can help their game.

That's why we've decided to launch our new program - Developers Gate

Developers Gate Announced.png

Currently, it's just a couple of pages full of detailed information on how we help distribute your game. Eventually, I want to create an interactive section where game developers and sign up, upload their game and game description details. From there we would work to help you get it approved and distributed.

A lot of tech needs to be implemented. While we're working on the back-end, we're taking a hands-on approach by uploading and manually bringing games onto the website.

You can check out Developers Gate here

2. zadig

zadig
    Expand Collapse

Sounds promising, while very hard to make it actually work due to already established platforms, even they not handling the marketing and stuff.
    I am not saying it's impossible. To be honest it's very good to see an initiative such as yours and I do wish you best of luck :). Everybody benefits from competition and if you become a platform with a nice differential (as you aim to), even better!

3. Dequan Wilson

Dequan Wilson
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Zadig! I agree it'll be a challenge, but I'm definitely willing to try, especially if it can benefit the indie game community!