ANN: New Big Beat Song

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Leper, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Leper

Original Member

2. Sirrus

Original Member

I'd actually call that break beat, not big beat ;)

Big beat has a jumpy/rolling baseline (Wiseguys, Fat Boy Slim, etc.)

3. delsydsoftware

Original Member

It's very Future Sounds of London-esque. I like it. :D

4. Kestral

Original Member

I liked it. I could imagine that tune kicking in right after you pick up a giant gun and start slaughtering the massed hordes of enemies. Your 15-20 minute effort is better than anything I could create musically. And I actually do play an instrument. Unfortunately, that instrument is an accordian :)

5. stanchat

Indie Author

I likes it. Nice and catchy with a little funky groove line to it.

6. TimS

Original Member

Kestral:

There is nothing unfortunate about the accordian.... 'tis a fine instrument.

Leper:

Is pretty good... but you need a baseline in my humble opinion... stretch it, make 20 more or so, and you're in business.

but seriously... damn cool as an intro.

7. Vectrex

Original Member

not bad, a few suggestions would be to shorten the first cymbal in the loop. Pump the beats through some filtered distortion to maintain clarity (and make them louder) and/or eq it a bit to bring out the kick. Find a nice low bass growl and put the odd note in (even one short note monotone) and most importantly slap the whole lot through heavy compressor! Set the trigger (side chain) frequency to the kick drums frequency and it'll be nice :)

eg :D
    http://www.users.on.net/~edan/music/kickit2.mp3

8. AVataRR

Original Member

Ah I wish I had the money to hire you Leper. If you ever work on a royalty-free music CD, please let us know. Or if you've ever worked on one, let us know about that too! This track is a helluva lot better than most of the stuff that Studio Cutz has.

9. Nexic

Indie Author

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Leper is currently working for free.

10. AVataRR

Original Member

Lol! Is this true Leper?! :D

11. Leper

Original Member

Yes, I'm making music for free! I'm too lazy to start a business right now, and I just want to make music dangit! I can literally pump music out. I have over 20 songs that are on my hard drive that I need to "touch up" so to speak. But instead I just keep making new ones because the newer ones always sound better. lol

I'm also working on a shmup that'll have my own sound and music in it, but I will hire someone to do graphics, if anyone wants to recommend a good graphic artists who charges around 30-50 an hour tell them I'll be interested within a few weeks. My game is coming along nicely, I've added powerups and cool sounds and music. It needs a GUI system, and I'm going to have to learn how to do splines and what not (I'll be bothering the folks at the other forums for 'spline help' :rolleyes: )

I have one new song I'd like you guys to review.

This one, was inspired by NES Music, but I have added the FUNK that'll make ya groove. :cool:

http://mcfarlandgames.5u.com/documents/mp3/nintendo.mp3
    (size: 1,678,336 bytes)

Let me know what you think of it! :)

12. electronicStar

Original Member

Why would one pay music anyway?
    Music is just a vibration of air, air is free.
    Sheesh:rolleyes:

13. Leper

Original Member

People own rights to recorded vibrations :) People copyright them, so others cant copy these unique recorded vibrations, then some people want to use the same distinct vibrations and that usually costs money :)

14. electronicStar

Original Member

Hey that was just a cheap joke;)