[ANN] Jane Croft Released

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by jpoag, Nov 9, 2010.

1. jpoag

jpoag New Member

I'm proud to announce that after 8 months of long nights and weekends, Jane Croft is finally released:

[​IMG]
    Jane Croft: The Bakerstreet Murder

It's a classic HOG game. We don't see many of those anymore and it's really sad to see my mom or mother-in-law give up on a really great game because they can't get past the Room Escape puzzles.

We focused a lot on replayability. There's a bonus game to unlock which in turn unlocks an extra ending. The story gets better the second time through, specifically through the use of irony.

I'd be grateful if you shared this game around with your friends and family. It's not for everyone, but those that do like it seem to really enjoy it. We're seeing a decent conversion rate.

Thanks.

2. rvlgames

Indie Author

3. Jack Norton

Indie Author

I'm confused - who made the game jpoag or rvlgames?

4. rvlgames

Indie Author

Hello Jack Norton,

James Poag is the programmer of the game, I am just the producer..

5. jpoag

jpoag New Member

RVL asked me to make the announcement (as the only native speaker on the team).

6. Jack Norton

Indie Author

Ah ok thanks, was confused :D looks good BTW.

7. BiboGames

BiboGames New Member

It's really strange that the game is in a very low position on BFG top 100 today (76). Maybe the (bad imho) choice of screenshots and the lack of promotion... In the BFG forum many people complain about the fact that it's "only" a straight HOG. :confused:

8. jpoag

jpoag New Member

Thanks, we appreciate it.

Yeah, whoever made those screen shots played the game for less than a minute.

The promotion will come with the next BFG newsletter. It's been out for 2 days, and not the best 2 days. The conversion rate is around 5%, so the game will do pretty well when the traffic does go through it.

9. Maupin

Original Member

Wow, those screenshot selections are absolutely horrible. They do no service whatsoever to the game. None even show any hidden objects. :(

10. Roman Budzowski

Indie Author

So it looks like not only GabCab got badly made screenshots. Didn't you provide your own set of screenshots? I'm a bit surprised that it happened to the game with "exclusive" status.

11. rvlgames

Indie Author

12. Escapee

Original Member

The game logo on BFG looks too bland to be an exclusive game ......