Amazon Flexible Payments Service (beta)

Discussion in 'Indie Business' started by oNyx, Aug 7, 2007.

1. oNyx

Original Member

2. Borundin

Borundin New Member

Piggy-back on an established and well known business such as Amazon shouldnt hurt sales :)
    Having an Amazon account myself I can only see this as an advantage. However Im not familiar with other payment providers. Is the pricing and other details in line with the competition?

3. oNyx

Original Member

>Is the pricing and other details in line with the competition?

The processing fees appear to be very low. Especially when it comes to very small amounts of money. Eg if someone sends you 0.40$ through Paypal only 0.03$ will arrive at your account (ouch!). Whereas the fees for this amount would be only 1.6 to 7 cent with Amazon FPS.

4. zoombapup

Moderator Original Member

We might look into using this as our microtransaction payment processor. It has the advantage of being standards based (webservice) and from a well known (trusted) source. I'd trust amazon with my money much more than I'd trust plimus or any of the other payment processor companies. Or at least, perceptually I would if I were less savvy about them.

Definitely interesting.

I wonder if anyone's used thier comput cluster to create scalable game systems?

5. Jack Norton

Indie Author

From the site:

doesn't that means that even if you use micropayments you have to aggregate it into a bigger one? isn't very clear for me this paragraph. :confused: