Adventuring is hard work.

Discussion in 'Feedback Requests' started by Bram, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

Just showing off a screenshot of my WIP game.

Because adventuring is hard work: every adventurer can use a day at the Spa.

spa.png
    It's from my (yet unnamed) game at http://stolk.org/blox/

It's kinda unusual in the fact that this is a real-time ray-traced game, running at 60fps on modern 4-core CPUs.

2. metateen

Moderator Indie Author

From the videos you posted, you seem to have a basic idea on how exactly you can format lighting, which is pretty great actually. Although it's clear that the movement itself isn't up to par and can be a bit complicated to deal with since the shadows and lighting you have established to be in an excellent manner.

Bram likes this.
  3. TheTodd

TheTodd New Member

Looks good! Just take it one day at a time and things will continue to click.

Bram likes this.
  4. Bram

Indie Author Greenlit

Yeah, thanks. You're quite right about the movement: there is almost no animation in there.
    I find humanoid animation pretty tricky to do well.
    So for now, just a placeholder by sliding from place to place.
    Often I just simulate vehicles in my games, so there is no need to animate humans.