3d artist

Discussion in 'Art Portfolios' started by Daniel_C, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Daniel_C

Original Member

Artist : Daniel C
    Site : http://artbydaniel.co.uk/3d.html

I am looking to produce interesting illustrations for games. From low to high poly my focus is on quality, read ability and interest.

PM me to discuss details.

Thank you for your time.

#1 Daniel_C, Sep 21, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. ggambett

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

You have some truly excellent art there! Could you post example budgets for some of your portfolio? Whenever someone posts stuff this good in this forum, the general feeling is "I can't afford that"...

3. Daniel_C

Original Member

No problem. :)
    [​IMG]

An illustration like this will take 5-7 days costing around £350GBP which is approx $600USD this includes charcter design + textures and background etc. Subsiquent illustrations using the same character or background will then be reduced in time to make.

Characters depending on complexity are
    for example
    http://artbydaniel.co.uk/gta.html
    @ 1500 polys 1x 512 texture £150 + texture. Subsequent minour model adjustment and texture variants are £10-20.

Vehicles
    http://artbydaniel.co.uk/spitfire.htm
    Low poly spitfire + 1x 512 texture. £75 subsequent texture and model variations £10-20

These are just examples for a more tailored quote please disscuss with me your budget and requirements and I will beable to make you a quote based on those. I am flexible.

Please note: There will be a fee for changes.

Thank you for your time.

#3 Daniel_C, Sep 22, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  4. vjvj

Indie Author

Nice work!

When you say "price + texture", does that include color/bump/specular, as applicable?

5. Daniel_C

Original Member

The prices were derived from the amount of time it takes me to make the asset. So in the case of a model with full shader compliment then it would take longer to make, as to look good in realtime the bump and spec can not be derived directly from the colour map, but the initial set of textures would be included in the quote price.

I hope that helps. if you need more or to disscuss finer points you can contact me on my email :)

6. Dock

Original Member

Excellent portfolio. The FLCL stuff is especially impressive in terms of capturing the original style. Sugoi. :)

7. Daniel_C

Original Member

ありがとうございます。 I am glad you like it. :) I love that OAV it's one of the best anime i've ever seen.

8. WaveRider

Indie Author

Are you any good with character animation and what do you charge for that?

9. Daniel_C

Original Member

Currently I would be happy to take on commissions for animation and cutscenes are also possible please contact me for details as for these we would need to talk in detail to define what you want and need.

10. Daniel_C

Original Member

Unfortunately due to my current contractual obligations I am no longer able to accept outside jobs for the time being. Should my status change again I will let you know.

Thank you to all those who have contacted me and my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

good luck all.