£50 Adwords Voucher

Discussion in 'Indie Related Chat' started by Indiepath, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

Google kindly sent me a £50 voucher to use before the end of 2009 - it goes down to £30 if it's in 2010.

I was thinking of selling it, who'd like to make an offer?

Tim.

2. bantamcitygames

Administrator Original Member Indie Author Greenlit

I believe I got the same thing, but they only let you use it if you open a new account or if your account was opened very recently. Is yours the same?

3. cliffski

Moderator Original Member

why not use it?

4. Indiepath

Indiepath New Member

Sorry I forgot to mention that your adwords account must be less that 14 days old. I guess I could create a new account and whack the credit there but I'm too busy doing other stuff to take advantage of this.

5. Grey Alien

Indie Author

I got one of these too and it gathered dust. I should have hooked it up to some kind of Internet Marketing scammy crap to gain some affiliate money.

6. dewitters

Original Member

I got a few of those, and used one of 50 euros (opened a new account for it). I still had to pay 10 euros to get it started though, and I didn't have any sales from it :(.

7. Desktop Gaming

Moderator Original Member Indie Author

I've had a few of 'em, too. I went to use one once, and they wanted money out of my pocket before they'd let me use the voucher.

If Google AdWords was so good, they'd let you use the voucher and experience it without the personal investment.

Bottom line is I don't think these vouchers have any worth or resale value, since we all seem to have been given loads of them anyway.

8. dannthr

dannthr New Member

Mine was 50 USD, damn...

9. Nutter2000

Original Member Indie Author

Heh, I think we all must have been there at some point, falling for the one of the "multi-level marketing" aka pyramid schemes that breed like wildfire on the web in the hopes of making enough money to support game dev and maybe even getting rich in the process :D

Or is it just me? :eek:

Iain

10. Nutter2000

I never understand why, even though they KNOW that I've got an AdWords account they still send me vouchers that can't be used :rolleyes:

The people who are afraid that Google are too powerful really don't need to worry!

Iain

11. Grey Alien

Indie Author

It's not just you. However, if you study the marketing principles they use, it can be very educational.

12. Nutter2000

Indeed, learning as much as possible about online marketing was a large motivation for delving into their murky-underhand world in the first place.

Incidentally, and keeping on topic, I've found Perry Marshall to be very useful if you want to learn how to use AdWords without losing your shirt.

Even the free info in his mailing list / blog is well worth subscribing to.

Iain

13. Sharpfish

Original Member

I got one of these too.. ages ago. Binned it as it was seemingly useless when you read the small print.